Dental Implants – Bakersfield, CA
Replace the Entire Structure of Missing Teeth
Over the last several decades, dental implants have emerged as one of the most popular and effective methods of replacing missing teeth. When paired with dental implants, traditional restorations can feel, look, and function more naturally, because they’ll be restoring the entire structure of your missing teeth, not just the visible biting surface. To learn whether you’re a good candidate for this procedure, don’t hesitate to contact our office and schedule a consultation with Dr. Carlson today!
Why Choose Dominic Carlson, DDS for Dental Implants?
- We Accept Dental Insurance
- Dentist Born & Raised in Bakersfield
- Friendly & Highly Experienced Dental Staff
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline to replace the missing root structure of a tooth. Due to their biocompatible nature, they’re able to naturally fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. This provides the bone with necessary stimulation and blood flow to keep it from deteriorating. Then, we’re able to attach the restorations, which will anchor to a small, metal connector piece called an abutment. Since the prosthetic is anchored to the strong and sturdy implant, you won’t have to worry about shifting or failing restorations.
The Dental Implant Process
- Initial Consultation. During this initial consultation, Dr. Carlson and our team will examine your mouth and take X-rays to determine if you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
- Dental Implant Placement. We refer all of our dental implant patients out to our trusted oral surgeon located right down the street from us. We’ll work closely with them to plan the procedure. Once it’s complete, you’ll return to us for your care.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Placement. After your implants are placed, they’ll undergo a process called osseointegration, where they fuse with the jawbone. Then, we’ll place small connector pieces called abutments onto them.
- Placing the Final Prosthetic. As soon as your permanent, final prosthetic arrives at our practice, we’ll call you in to place it and complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the most popular tooth replacement treatments available because they have so many unique and amazing benefits to offer:
- Ability to last for 35+ years
- Easy to maintain
- Prevention of jawbone deterioration
- Preservation of the facial structure
- Enhanced eating and speaking abilities
- Versatility of being able to replace any number of teeth
- Elimination of slipping or shifting dentures
- No alteration of healthy teeth necessary
Who Can Dental Implants Help?
It’s important to recognize that every dental implant treatment differs, because no two tooth-loss situations are identical. From the initial consultation all the way to the placement of your final prosthetic, Dr. Carlson will custom-tailor your dental implant treatment to meet your unique needs. Depending on whether you’re missing one or all of your teeth, we may suggest a version of any of the treatment suggestions listed below.
Missing One Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can place a dental implant below the gumline to replace the missing root structure. Once it has fused to the jawbone, we can attach the abutment, followed by a customized dental crown that will fill the gap between your teeth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of needing to alter your healthy existing teeth by getting a traditional bridge, we can place two dental implants on either side of the gap in your smile. These will hold the restoration in place instead of your healthy existing teeth.
Missing All Teeth
If you’ve had dentures for a while and noticed that they move in your mouth when you eat or speak, dental implants may be a perfect solution to your problem. Instead of relying on natural suction, your dentures can be secured to anywhere from four to eight dental implants placed along your arch.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
As mentioned above, every dental implant treatment is customized to fit your needs. That’s why we provide pricing for each step of the process during the initial consultation. Once we’ve had an opportunity to examine your mouth and determine how many dental implants need to be placed and what type of restoration you’ll need, we can schedule your surgery with our local specialist. Our team is more than happy to answer any cost-related questions you may have while you’re here as well!